Thursday, 10 September 2015

Famous Film Open Sequences

I researched an analysed 10 film opening sequences. I chose them with a variety of film genres, and target audiences so I'd be able to see the how they were similar and different in their sound, text and their narrative.
 

 
 





Learning Comments:

  • Often credits are featured in the opening sequence- however, big budget films are less likely to, because there is usually more narrative.
  • There is usually non-diegetic music in the background of the opening sequence, to help set the genre and the tone of the film.
  • Newer films often have quicker paced openings, with more action- older films usually have credits over images as the opening sequence. However, this depends on the genre of the film, because, for example, horror films, will usually be slow, to build tension.
  • Credits usually begin with institutions, and end with directors.
  • Children's films, often have little text and lots of action, because children aren't interested in text. 


No comments:

Post a Comment