From my preliminary task, to our final opening sequence, I think I have developed in a lot of skills.
When I re-watch my preliminary task, I notice that the framing of the shot wasn't very good. It was very aesthetically pleasing to watch. When filming for Safe-Zone X, I focused more on the framing of the shot, by using the rule of thirds, as well as using a much bigger variety of angles and shots to make it more interesting to watch.
When filming for Safe-Zone X, I experimented much more with the use of handheld shots, and those filmed with a tripod. In my preliminary task, it was mostly shot handheld, but it meant that the footage was often overly shaky, which became distracting to watch. I practised filming handheld, so there was less movement of the camera, but it still maintained the immersive atmosphere.
I think I have most improved my skills when editing. I improved my cutting skills so that the transitions from one shot to another were more fluid and smooth. I noticed that during my preliminary task, there is often a moment too long at the beginning of the shot, so that the acting no longer seemed like an instinctual movement, but clearly acted out. And the cuts were very slow, which broke up the action. In Safe-Zone X, the cutting and the transitions were much cleaner, and we spend a lot of time making sure it was right. This was especially important during match on action, which I first practised in the preliminary task. I also learnt how to use other elements of editing effectively, including using text and changing the colour balance of the footage. I also learnt how to add and contort music and sound in iMovie, by adjusting the sound levels, adding additional sound effects and making the music complement the on screen footage, by cutting the sound to fit it.
No comments:
Post a Comment